31 December 2006

Resolutions!

Tonight, while counting down the hours 'til 2007 with my housemate Vincent, I found a program on TLC called "Resolutionaries" that shows three people each trying to tackle their resolutions with the help of three different coaches, all of whom have very different techniques. So far, I've seen three episodes: organization, quitting smoking and losing weight.

I'm not one for thinking myself worthless if I give up my resolutions too far into the new year, but I do like to make them, if only for tradition.

I have a lot to accomplish before my Bike & Build trip in June, so I'm going to need to be specific with my resolutions in order to prepare myself physically, mentally and financially for this trip.

  • Be prompt with thank you notes
  • Study every day
  • Take a photo every single day -- suggested by Photojojo
  • Each week, research a different aspect of the affordable housing crisis
  • Take my pills every night

January

  • Exercise on stationary bike and/or with personal trainer twice a week for 90 minutes or 25 miles
  • Research Rhode Island and Connecticut towns en route for can't-miss sights
  • Contact regional newspapers about a possible feature on Bike & Build

February

  • Exercise on stationary bike (or equivalent exercise) three times a week for 90 minutes or 30 miles
    -AND-
  • Explore a new bike trail in the Seattle area once a week
  • Research New York, Pennsylvania and Ohio towns near our stops for interesting things to see and do

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't need to study EVERY day. Just once in awhile.

Anonymous said...

Me and Timmy are breaking up. He leaves Wednesday. I really appreciate what we talked about. It was him that made the decision. I love you and miss you and hope u are doing well in WA DC. xoxoxoxxo megan