12 September 2006

Movin' in

This weekend I moved to my new room in a lovely house in the U-District! I've gotten everything set up, with only a few boxes still somewhat full. I have this cute ledge around the corner under the two windows, which is big enough to display my pictures and things. It's even big enough to sit on!

I've met a couple of the people who live here. Surprisingly, a couple of them are older men. I'm trying not to get too creeped out by that, as I do have a lock on my door. Oh, and I found out that the house has fourteen rooms, not eight.

I also started my new job yesterday. Alice, age 2 1/2, is very articulate with her words, making her even cuter once she opens her mouth. We had a fun time coloring and playing ball, and her mum let me use the internet after Alice went to bed.

Looks like things will *hopefully* be working out for me; now, the wait until the 27th.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That's great you're moved in!

I too would be a little creeped out by older men living in the house. Do you have common spaces, like a shared kitchen?

Brianne said...

Yeah, we have a common kitchen and a little tv room in the basement, but I brought a refrigerator and a tv with me.

I've met a couple more people today, but so far, it seems as though it's just me and another girl with twelve guys. Though I haven't met the girl yet, I do know she exists!

Anonymous said...

Hey, hope all will work out. I know that you will try to make the best of the situation. Give me a call when you are settled in. Or, Ill just call you... Now.