13 July 2006

Movies, concerts and getting the hell out of town

On Monday, I took a much needed respite after the wedding and took an early-week retreat at an undisclosed location for some much needed, let's call it "R&R", shall we? Since no one knows where I've been for the past three days save me and one other person, I'll be as vague as possible concerning my whereabouts.

While I was gone, I used my hard-earned money to see Strangers With Candy. If you like Amy Sederis and Stephen Colbert (and like the tv show as well), I recommend it. The person I went with didn't want to see it and ended up having a good time.

Oh, and before I fled town, I saw Superman Returns. I don't know what the guys from Filmspotting are talking about. And Ebert & Roeper, what the hell? A "mild thumbs up" and a "mild thumbs down?" What is wrong with you people? I agree with Nish, Paul and Willy on this one. It was awesome. 4.5/5!

I have tomorrow off (I think) and then most of next week, so I hope to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and You, Me and Dupree after the Warped Tour on Saturday. Well, I hope I can go to the Warped Tour. I sold my ticket to the person I hung out with when I went MIA because I didn't think I'd get the whole day off this Saturday. As of now, I work from 5.30p-10p, but I might be able to plead with some coworkers to trade.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if youre at warped, perhaps ill see you in the crowd of 50+ thousand. so you going MIA made you not hang out with me monday without a call which was sad but ill get over it. hope youre doing alright!

Brianne said...

so sorry, i just had to get away and didn't think about much else.