17 July 2006

The Wait List

I was notified by UW Student Housing that, as of right now, I'm on a waiting list to get into a triple room for Autumn quarter. Additionally, if I am assigned a room, it won't be until after the quarter starts. So I'm going to be cancelling my application for that, of course. I've done the "triple room" hell before and won't be doing that again. It's bad enough to share a closet of a room with two 18-year-olds when you ARE an 18-year-old. I can't imagine living with two 18-year-olds in such a small space now that I'm 23. *shudders*

So the hunt is on to find a room in a house or a studio on the north end of campus for less than $500 a month. I still have to budget my grants and loans to decide how much I can actually afford to pay each month for a room, but right now, $500 is my ceiling.

No comments: