04 July 2006

Maybe someone should lend him the book The Jungle...he might reconsider eating all those hot dogs

Today, Takeru "Tsunami" Kobayashi will attempt to eat his way to first place for the sixth year in a row at Nathan's Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest. He holds the current record in hot dog eating, set at 53 1/2 in 12 minutes.

For a competitive eater, he has a nice body!


As for me, I'll be stuffing my face with junk food, fried chicken, soda and water (not necessarily in that order) as I hang out on the Columbia River and watch my brother fall flat on his face waterskiing as he attempts to impress his fiancee.

You'd think that'd be the best part of the day, but anchoring the boat and watching the fireworks to the sway of the waves is awesome. Here's hoping the waves aren't so strong all the chicken comes back up!

Have a great 4th!

No comments: