08 July 2006

Really, how long are wedding pictures supposed to take?

I'm up. It's 3 in the morning the day of my brother's wedding and I'm awake. Granted, I'll be asleep again within the next 45 minutes if my Hypotheses of Early Mornings hold true.

It'd be so sweet if the reason for my early waking was due to my excitement for my brother (who is either a. passed out in a drunken stupor or b. still drinking at this hour), wouldn't it?. But I believe I'm awake because I passed out from the affects of wine drinkage at a measly 11p. That's right, folks. Two (oversized) glasses of wine at the rehearsal dinner and I'm good to go.

The rehearsal dinner went off without a hitch, the tables were set up so pretty (ahem...thank you) and I didn't have to sit anywhere near the Wicked Bitch herself, the Matron of Honor, thanks to the glorious last-minute placecard idea by yours truly.

My Future Sister-In-Law is definitely not a Bridezilla, though it might appear so to take a look at the schedule for the day:
  • 8a Bride, bridesmaids and mums to meet at a local salon for updos, continental breakfast and needless gossip at such an early hour
  • Bride, maids and mums head over to Bride's mum's house for continuation of prep (makeup, dressing, etc). Mimosa-drinking and carb counting among the girls to ensue in the all-too-familiar phenomenon as Hurry Up and Wait*
  • 12.30p Head over to the reception site for pictures
  • Travel to church and continue photography hell monotony session
  • 5p Ceremony begins; maids hopefully haven't wilted from the heat yet
  • After Reception

Notice the block of time scheduled for pictures. Three and a half hours. Of standing. In uncomfortable shoes. In 95 degree weather, no less.

And if I'm forced to dance to one of those horrific Reception staples (you know to which I'm referring if you've ever been to an generic American wedding), someone's gettin' a beat-down.

*Naturally, this phenomenon will undoubtedly occur at each mini-event today, at the most uncomfortable of times (i.e., when in close proximity to Hoochie Matron of Honor and Mother of the Bride). Phenomenon is characterized as seemingly endless, mind-numbing and anxiety-laden.

No comments: