09 July 2006

How could you resist a hug from such a cutie?!

The wedding went off without a hitch! Thank God! And my hair looked great!

My neice and nephew were so cute as the flower girl and ring bearer!

As we took our photos in the church before the ceremony, Aidan insisted that my favourite Cars character could NOT be Mater, as it was the videographer's favourite. Mine should be the Porshe, as it is a girl in the movie.

Aidan (holding up sheet of Cars puffy stickers): "Which one is your favourite?"
Me (pointing to one of the two Mater stickers): "Mater!"
Aidan: "No. You can't choose that one."
Me: "Yes I can. My favourite is Mater. Make him change his favourite!"
(And later, after several go-arounds)
Aidan (pointing at the Porshe): "No. Your favourite is her. She's a girl."

Later, as I stood up with the wedding party bawling my eyes out during the ceremony, Aidan (who's four years old) came up and gave me a hug in front of everyone! It was so cute (and really needed by myself...i was a blubbering idiot up there). After the ceremony, we had fun with Aidan's Spiderman stickers he received from my mum as a reward for his bravery in front of everyone. Kaitlyn had more fun with her bubbles (see picture at left) than with her Winnie the Pooh stickers.

My dad was well past tipsy at the reception (he claims he must've had twenty beers); I've never seen him dance so wildly!


Everything went well except for the cake being completely different from the one Jamie wanted, though the cake delivered was very pretty. As my aunt said, things like that happen at weddings to give everyone something to talk about later.

Oh, and presents were stolen from the wedding reception. Yeah, I can't believe it either. We don't know how many, but we're going to be doing some investigative work with the present list, the gift registries and with those who attended the reception. Hopefully the thieves didn't get away with much. Bastards.


Now that the wedding is over, there is no other big event to count down to before I head back to UW. Any concerts in Seattle I don't know about yet? Any events I'm unaware of?

Two months left and I'll be back in Seattle!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Shit! I can't believe the gifts were stolen! That is horrible! Well at least everything else seemed to go well! See ya later!
SB