16 June 2006

Just call me Snippy Sara

It could be the fact that I currently live with my parents and don't have to worry about rent. It could also be that, since my dad is paying me $20 a week to mow our ocean of a lawn, I don't have to worry about being broke. Regardless of the reason, I've come to the point in my life that I just don't give a fuck if I get fired. Sure, I can customer-service the hell out of someone, but I really just don't care sometimes.
Tonight, we sold out (well, not really...when a movie theatre "sells out" of a particular show, there really are between 15 and 40 seats left. it's totally a misnomer) of our 7.05p Fast and the Furious show. I promptly put up a "sold out" sign, in full view of the next person in line. He had to have seen me put it up and press down on the tape. Because he didn't seem blind when he proceeded to walk up to the counter and ask for two tickets to Fast and the Furious. He even acted shocked when I told him we had just sold out. "Really?" he questioned. Without a word, I pointed right next to his head at the sign I had, not thirty seconds earlier, posted that clearly stated such information.
Later, a girl walked up and asked for four tickets. Actually, it was more like:
Girl:"Me, her, him and her...?"
My response: *stares at her for a good ten seconds*
Girl: *stares back at me*
Me: and WHICH movie did you want to see?

And last night, a guy and girl came up to the ticket counter and, seeing the poster advertising pre-sale tickets for Superman Returns, said "two tickets for Superman," then quickly said "naw, jus' playin'. Two for The Omen". This statement seemed incredibly hilarious to the two. With an annoyed look, I said "Why was that funny?" to which he replied "Just shut up and give me my tickets." I asked him for his ID (they barely looked 17) and then stated "Please don't talk to me like that. I just wanted to know why that was funny. Honestly, I don't get it." After squabbling with me about how I was the one that "started it", I handed him his tickets with a big smile and gave him a "thank you" dripping with sarcasm.

Of course, after reading these examples, they sound watered down. But my writing on the topic could be stifled by my wearing of pajamas at the moment. I think a lot of the anger I develop over the course of a shift might actually come from the disgust of wearing a horrendous uniform and the stupid people just make it worse.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is a hilarious blog. I think stupid people are great when I don't have to deal with them! I can just read about it! Miss you!
SB

Anonymous said...

Wait... you don't call me snippy do you?!

Brianne said...

no! that's why i changed the spelling to sara, so there wouldn't be any confusion!

n8 b said...

I totally understand what you are talking about dealing with morons. I spend a good eight hours of my ten hour workday (salary sucks too, don't fall for it) dealing with people who probably just finished pulling their heads out of their asses. Sarcasm is the great equalizer. I love making dumbasses feel truly stupid. That is what gets me through my day.

Two for the Fast and the Furious please......