06 June 2006

Worth it's Weight in Pretty Paper

I don't understand people sometimes. Actually, scratch that. I don't understand some people most of the time. For instance, I don't get parents who send their five and six year olds to the movies and don't attend with them. I don't get the parents who bring their little children to see scary, rated "R" movies. And I really don't understand parents (or anyone, for that matter), paying $8 a person to see a movie that started a half hour ago.

I don't get you people. If I want to see a movie, that $8 is paying for the whole thing. I don't have eight bucks to spend on a movie that I'll most likely not be able to completely enjoy because I didn't catch the first scenes. I'd rather wait until the next showing. See the previews maybe.

Only twice have I walked into a theatre just after the movie started. Those movies were Poseidon and The Da Vinci Code. The former was just because we skipped Stick It (don't judge) and with the latter, I had already read the book. And both of those times, I got in free.

I have a hard enough time watching movies on tv of which I miss more than a couple minutes. Which is why I still haven't seen ¡Three Amigos! in its entirety.

[Edit] I just realised the title to this blog makes no sense with regards to the subject. I thought it did when I typed it, but upon further inspection, I (a) am too lazy to think of a new title and (b) really don't care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The act of going to see "Stick It" requires instant judgement, no matter the circumstances.