14 June 2006

Face, Meet Fist (and its friend Glass)

You know the type of people that think their own jokes are incredibly hilarious? (I'm not talking about you, A) The kind that think they are amazingly clever and original? Those are the kind of people that annoy me most while I'm at work.

Sure, there are the folks that come up to the booth asking for two tickets and really mean "one adult and two children".

There's the guy that, after peering through the glass for a good five minutes looking at our marquees, walks up and asks how much the ticket prices are, oblivious to the fact that the sign stating such information is clearly displayed on the wall just over my right shoulder.

What really irks me, though, is the forty-five year old man that saunters up to the counter with his wife and says "two seniors for Cars, please," knowing full well that the senior price is for those aged at least 65. Of course, this is followed by a head-tilting laugh/knee slap on his part, with him thinking how clever he must be. Because he must be the first and only person to have ever done that.

Meanwhile, I'm stone-faced on my side of the glass, moments away from shoving my fist through the glass and punching him in the face.

I kid you not, this happens at least once on most shifts. Equally as often is the same senario, yet the man asks for two child tickets. Also interesting to note is that the offender is always a white male and an incredible douchebag.

7 comments:

n8 b said...

Great use of the word Douchebag....
You just don't see that too often anymore....

You just need to come to the realization that the general population is a bunch of dumbasses. I work in sales and have to deal with them daily. That's what Beer is for.

Lance Notstrong said...

Yeah.....people.....they're the worst.....

Anonymous said...

oh, lordy. This SO reminds me of when I used to be a grocery store clerk. The incredible a**holes who thought that they were incredibly clever with their lame jokes that I heard just one too many times. Those, and the ones who thought they could treat me like crap because I was working a low-wage menial job. Wow, it feels good to vent, doesn't it?
I think that when these stupid people get to annoy you so much that you feel like punching them in the face, it may be time to start looking for a new job.

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about?! I LOVE the old "2 seniors please" gag!

Gus said...

Wierd conincidence, I was also going to praise your use of the word douchebag.

People suck. You should tell them the charge for lame jokes is an extra $.50 each. And when they don't laugh, say "that's okay, I didn't laugh at your used up joke either."

Brianne said...

oh, that would totally get me fired! i'm going to have to remember that one!

Anonymous said...

whatevs