25 April 2006

Blame it on the pay, yeah, yeah.

I quit the job...and I blamed it on my dad. It was my mum's idea. I'm such a pussy.

I finally called her at 7.45p and told her that my dad and I had a long talk and he told me that I'd have to get a full-time job that paid at least minimum wage to be able to save enough money for Uni. In addition, my dad had secured me with a very promising job interview tomorrow morning at 9a, so returning tomorrow wouldn't be an option.

I feel really bad, because the kids are really cute and fun. But I wouldn't even be able to buy a full tank of gas with that kind of money. I told her that I was so sorry and if I could, I'd still work for her, but the best I'd be able to provide was occasional baby-sitting, if she would still hire me.

She asked me every question I feared she'd ask:
"Could you pick up an evening shift somewhere?"
"Where's the new job your dad is arranging for you?"
"Are you sure you have to quit?"
(of course there were more, but in the guilt-induced daze, my memory couldn't keep up)

She even requested that, if the job interview fell through, I let her know so we could work something out.

Yet not once did she offer to pay more.


Oh, and my dad didn't mind -- he gave me a high-five! My parents are awesome!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should of just told her you developed a crazy-contagious fungus on you face over night AND you got jury duty for a high profile double murder trial. There would of been no further questions. You can save that one for next time maybe.

Brianne said...

if only you had told me that BEFORE i declined jury duty two days ago! that would've been perfect! too bad i was disqualified for not living in that county anymore!

the fungus is a good idea too! but, you know that fungus can be cured with anti-fungal creams and stuff, so that'd only be a temporary excuse. it'd have to be like the Black Plague or something.

nice work, anonymous!


oh, and...i miss you.

Lynn Dombrowski said...

Yeah, $20 a day, hmm that's like 2.50 PER HOUR.

You did the right thing by looking for another job.

College is expensive.

What are you planning on majoring in?

Brianne said...

I'm thinking of majoring in either History or Comparative History of Ideas.

Anonymous said...

No, I didn't know that fungus can be cured by anti-fungal creams because I've never had a fungus. Say, how did you that anyway?

Brianne said...

biology 101...you should pass it sometime :)

Anonymous said...

3.3 GPA. End of story.

Blackjack Online said...

It you have correctly told :)