24 April 2006

Maybe she actually said "per hour" and I misunderstood

I got a job today. I answered an ad in the paper for a baby-sitting position and went to the interview tonight. I'm not excited about it because it only pays $20 a day. Yup. You read that right. $20 a DAY...for working from 7a to 4p. And me being the idiot I am actually accepted the offer...AFTER she told me the rate.

Of course, I can work there until I find a new job, but that's going to prove difficult. Why? Well, in addition to me being non-confrontational, the parents were both students in my dad's 8th grade class and two of their three children were students in my mum's kindergarten class. So, by NOW turning down the job that I already accepted, not only would I hurt my name, I'd hurt my parents' reputation as well.

Meanwhile, OL went on an interview this afternoon and is taking a pay cut by accepting the $8 an HOUR job. Needless to say, I'm not feeling sorry for her anymore.

No comments: