10 April 2006

I think I'm more "Tea Chest 6103 semi-gloss"

Since I left my shampoo at A's apartment the last time I was in Seattle, I went to the store today to buy a replacement, as well as conditioner. While there, I quickly realised that, while the store carries the amber to maple shampoos, they didn't carry the moisturizing shampoo or conditioner for light brunette hair. While trying to maintain my composure (for some reason unknown to me, this haircare line is hard to find at many grocery stores in my area), I calmly explained to my dad why the chestnut to espresso moisturizing shampoo wouldn't work. My hair is light brown, right?

Not so, according to Dad. Conveniently placed directly above the shelf I was focusing on were a couple dye kits. He picked up the aptly titled chestnut product, held it up to my head and gave me the news that I am, in fact, darker haired than I had thought.

Huh. Now that I think about it, I haven't had my hair highlighted since I was 19.

Kinda reminds me of last year, when I realised that my eyes were blue instead of green. (What's sad is that I'm actually serious.)


In other news, I took The Princeton Review Career Quiz tonight.

My "interest colour" and "usual style" results are both blue.

People with blue Interests:

  • like job responsibilities and occupations that involve creative, humanistic, thoughtful, and quiet types of activities.
  • include abstracting, theorizing, designing, writing, reflecting, and originating
  • often leads to work in editing, teaching, composing, inventing, mediating, clergy, and writing.

People with blue styles:

  • prefer to perform their job responsibilities in a manner that is supportive and helpful to others with a minimum of confrontation.
  • prefer to work where they have time to think things through before acting.
  • tend to be insightful, reflective, selectively sociable, creative, thoughtful, emotional, imaginative, and sensitive.
  • thrive in a cutting edge, informally paced, future-oriented environment. You will want to choose a work environment or career path in which your style is welcomed and produces results.

Notable among the recommended careers based on my results are:


Editor
Philosopher
Photographer
Political Scientist
Book Publishing Professional
Professional Researcher
Journalist
Writer
Public Relations
Consultant


Also interesting was the inclusion of disc jockey, florist, set designer and stripper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry. Your shampoo is in good hands.