04 April 2006

No news yet and a major decision

Yesterday's meeting with Candace, the undergraduate advisor in the EOP program (see last post), was good, I'd say. I won't state what the outcome is to be yet, because I won't "officially" know the results until at least tomorrow (Wednesday). I should be hearing from her then, after a panel of three counselors review my statement and paperwork.

I've been thinking about majors I'd be interested. Looking at course outlines and such for each major, along with admission requirements, I've come up with a few ideas:

Comparative History of Ideas (kind of a mix between history, english and philosophy)
*admission is to students in good academic standing

Comparative Religion (an option within the International Studies major)
*admission is to students in good academic standing

Communication
*
admission is competitive, based on application packet, cumulative GPA, grades in COM 201 and/or 202
*
minimum 2.50 GPA guarantees consideration, but not not necessarily acceptance

English
*
admission is competitive, minimum 2.00 GPA, minimum 2.50 English GPA and completion of 10 credits in any English literature course

History
*
open admission, after the following are achieved: minimum 2.00 GPA, completion of 10 history credits with 2.50 GPA and completion of 10 writing credits with 2.0 GPA

I'm leaning greatly towards History and Comparative History of Ideas, though I'm sure that if either of those programs were competitive, they wouldn't be as appealing.

I really hope that things turn out like I'd like. But there's always Hawai'i...hopefully!

No comments: