30 May 2006

Four Down, Hundreds More to Cut Off

I drove all the way to Spokane today, waited in the lobby to see my doctor, and 45 minutes later, realised that my appointment wasn't at 11a like I thought, but at 2p, conveniently scheduled the same time as my other doctor appointment. After many calls back and forth to Kim, I was able to reschedule for 4p.

My GP (the appointment at 2p) found two suspicious moles, one on my left arm (of which I have a hard time remembering it ever being there in the first place) and the cute, but spotty mole on the bottom of my right foot. I was a very good sport while she numbed my arm, only whining a little bit. But the foot was another story. I yelled so loudly when she injected the numbing agent, one of the nurses came in to see if everything was ok. I also shouted "FUUUUCK!"

The only way that pain will be worth it is if the lab finds it to be pre-cancerous. If it's benign, I'm going to...eh, prolly nothing. I'm all talk, really.

It still hurts like a bitch and I'm hobbling to boot. The area on my arm, though, is still numb. The best thing? Since I'm having trouble standing, I got out of work for Thursday! Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That mole is ugly. Maybe the one on your foot was mutating into an actual mole? What a crappy super-hero power that would be.

Brianne said...

but if it were, do you think that'd allow me to move faster? or do you think it'd slow me down?

i'm not aware of the speed capabilities of moles, but they do have four legs and they're closer to the ground. maybe it wouldn't be so bad...

what if the mutated moles had excellent tracking skills?