10 May 2006

Nametags and Hairnets

Either the manager was exaggerating about the difficulty of the quizzes or I'm more of an idiot than I thought.

The first two quizzes were cake, but I started noticing by the third (there were 5 in all) that there were questions asked that had nothing to do with the information in the accompanying videos. For instance, during the "Special Needs" video (number 3), the information briefly covered how to accomodate customers with work dogs, yet the quiz asked about how a work dog is certified.

Roger Lodge didn't even cover that.

Yes, you read correctly. THE Roger Lodge, of Blind Date fame, co-hosted the National Association of Theatre Owners (and yes, they DO refer to themselves as NATO) training videos. He did a great job in making an ass out of himself. Which, of course, is never a surprise.

Nevertheless, I received a 100% on all but one quiz...the last I got a 90%...so there.


Friday is my first day. I've already been assigned the requisite vest (conveniently held together with more safety pins than you can shake a stick at), plus another nametag to add to my ever-expanding nametag/hairnet collection. The best part? It's in the shape of a clapboard.

3 comments:

A BLOG NOT HERE said...

Hi Anne (If you'd rather me call you that then I WILL) ;)

Congratulations on getting that 100% (can I call you a smartass too?) LOL HUG

As I'm writing this you are probably there on the job now. I will definitely be back here to see how it went.

I think it's VERY exciting!

Brianne said...

hi fb!

i decided that, after years of random people calling me Bri, i don't like that name. i have a hard time responding to it and certain people calling me by that name just grates my nerves. so if my name must be shortened, i would rather it be Anne.

my first shift is tonight from 6.15p-10p. i'll be in a confined, tiny space with two other people all competing for the same air (the "box office").

All i'm hoping for is my hair and skin intact by the end of the evening.

Anonymous said...

NEVER speak lightly in matters of Roger Lodge!