16 May 2006

Sharks with lasers on their heads

I guess it's old news, but on Sunday, my mum and I got our ears pierced. First time for my mum and the sixth time for me.

My mum got the drive to finally get her ears pierced, not to fulfill the promise that she made to me back in the day that we'd get our ears pierced together my first time around, but because my brother and his fiancee bought her a set of matching earrings and necklace that they want her to wear to their wedding in July (the future sister-in-law, and apparently my brother as well, had no idea that my mum didn't have pierced ears).

My reasoning for getting my ears pierced? Because I wanted to be able to wear earrings for the wedding as well. I know what you must be thinking. "Brianne, why on earth did you have to pierce your ears again when you already have five holes in each ear?"

My answer, fine friend, is quite ridiculous, but very true: this is the sixth set of piercings in the same holes. To be more clear (and redundant) I have only one set of holes in my lobes and they've been pierced six times.

Yes, I know that earrings should be left in the newly pierced holes for at least 6 weeks. And every single time, I left them in for at least that long.

The last time, I had gotten drunk and when I came home, I attempted to replace the hoop earrings I was wearing with smaller ones to sleep in. In my drunken stupor, I dropped the posts on my bathroom floor and couldn't find them. I ended up passing out without replacing the earrings, and in the morning, the holes were like the Iron Curtain.

My apologies for the lack of cohesion in this post. I really don't care if I posted anything really worth reading. I'm hungry, tired and frustrated that I have to wait until tomorrow to receive the next three disks of Lost: Season 1 from Netflix.

I...must...eat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, You didn't tell me you got your ears pierced again. I almost called you the same time you posted this, but Ill tell you the "news" later when I am out of schoool. Hope you have a great day.
SB

Brianne said...

My mum hasn't told anyone at work about her new "accessories". She's pulled her hair back and everything...no one has even noticed! I think she's kinda disappointed that her colleagues from the past ten years or more haven't said anything.

If you see her, mention them, but pretend I didn't tell you! She'll be shocked!


Still up for the movie tonight? I'm excited!

Anonymous said...

Hey, the way I look at it...the more holes in your body the better.