01 May 2006

CSI: Highway 395

SB accompanied me on my trek to Spokane today, after I overslept my departure time and rescheduled my doctor appointment for 2p. I did the 20 minute Jam and then showered before we left.

Along the way, she and I practiced singing together like we always used to do and had a blast! As we neared Spokane, she noticed that the vehicle in front of us was none other than the bus for the Harlem Globetrotters. After some careful maneuvering and a quick lesson in how to use my new camera phone, SB snapped a couple pictures for me:



I know the Globetrotters haven't really been cool for ages (i don't know...i don't do basketball), but it was pretty awesome thinking that the guys inside were prolly thinking we were idiots trying to take pictures of their bus while we sped up and slowed down to get the right angle.

After my appointment, SB and I went to Hastings and bought a couple cd's (she did, actually) and then to the yummy bakery, before heading to The Onion for lunch (mmm...avocado burger!), followed by a trip to Boo Radley's, this kitchy, random-finds type of shop.

On the way back, while we listened to Podflix episode #36, I thought I saw what looked like a person/body on the slope of an overpass. SB didn't see it, so I turned around at a "non-u-turn" u-turn and drove back. She looked behind as we passed it and confirmed my suspicion of the blue and red cloths. At the intersection (yes, this highway has an intersection), we turned BACK around, now going in the same direction in which we started our trip home, this time taking the exit to the overpass.

After I got out and checked out as much as I could from the "scene of the crime" below while SB covered her head with her outstreched sweatshirt, I came to the conclusion that it looked like a snow suit, but I couldn't be sure. Originally the deal was that I would get out and look and she would call 911 if need be, but when I got back in, she told me to call because I was the one that saw it, though she declined to check it out herself.

The police came, we all got out and looked at the "scene" 30 feet down the slope and determined that it looked best like a sleeping bag, but the officer told us he'd investigate it further himself.

Thank goodness we didn't see a dead body; we were just listening to Nish's 5 Second Reviews on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and that would have been way too creepy of a coincidence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed it was a fun trip. Something always happens to us when we are in a car together, this time it was all good. Unlike previous trips. AchoooSeattleooooo. I had a great time and hope to do it again soon!
SB

Anonymous said...

Doh! That's the oldest trick in the book! The cop that showed up wasn't REALLY a cop! He was the crazy murderer who killed the guy you saw! Tricked again!