19 May 2006

Poseidon + Liquor = Still a Crappy Movie

Last night, sb and I went to Poseidon, the movie that A told me not to go to even if I didn't have to pay anything. Sorry, A, we didn't want to wait for the 9 o'clock movies and that was the only one we weren't late for.

After lubricating our minds with a couple of over-poured drinks, sb and I headed to the theatre. By the time we got there, I couldn't feel my arms.

I'd give the film a solid 2 out of 5 stars, only because we were liquored up and everything was funny. We didn't take the movie seriously at all; if the movie hadn't taken itself so seriously, maybe it would've gotten a higher rating. There were plenty of perfect moments for me to lean over to sb and say "oh, that can't be good!" to which she'd reply "they just need to let Mr. Holland's Opus die already!"

Thank goodness there was only one other person in the huge theatre. Otherwise, our movie experience would've been quite dull.


Most shocking quote of the night?

While we were choosing our dinner from the menus as we sipped daiquiris and hypnotiq, I told sb that I wanted a smaller portion of rice and beans with the enchilada I was to order and wondered if they'd bring me a smaller plate.

sb: "Why don't you have the big plate and just eat what you want and leave the rest?"

me: "But [sb], what about the children in Africa?" my grandpa always used to give us the excuse as kids that we had to eat everything on our plate for the children in Africa

sb, matter-of-factly: "The children in Africa are dying of AIDS, so...if they don't die from starvation, they're [already] dying from AIDS."

*insert jaw drop of bewilderness here*

little children of Africa, I care!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You couldn't feel your arms?

Anonymous said...

yes my comment just came out of my mouth, it was truly what I was thinking.... Thanks for seeing that crappy movie with me! We shall see another soon!